The Indiana Iota Chapter of Phi Delta Theta was founded at Valparaiso University on November 27, 1954. Throughout the years, the men of Phi Delt acted as leaders on Valpo’s campus, through involvement in athletics, extracurricular activities and social events. After an absence of a Phi Delt presence on campus in the early 2000’s, the Fraternity returned to campus in the spring of 2012 to recruit a group of men who would start a new chapter and recolonize Indiana Iota. On October 5, 2012, Phi Delta Theta was re-colonized at Valparaiso University with 28 “re-founding fathers”. On May 11, 2013, the chapter was re-installed at Valpo.
The Chapter Today
Today, Indiana Iota exists as a group of undergraduate men committed to leadership, service, and philanthropy. The officers of Indiana Iota are elected by the chapter. Together they represent and lead a diverse group of men which regularly earns one of the highest grade point averages in Valpo’s Greek community.